“Dr. Brian Hoeflinger” Procedures
Anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF) is a surgery to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the neck. An incision is made in the throat area to reach and remove the disc. A graft is inserted to fuse together the bones above and below the disc.
View ACDF Procedure Video
Decompressive laminectomy is the most common type of surgery done to treat lumbar (low back) spinal stenosis. This surgery is done to relieve pressure on the spinal nerve roots caused by age-related changes in the spine.
View Decompressive Lumbar Laminectomy Procedure Video
Spinal stenosis is a narrowing of the spaces within your spine, which can put pressure on the nerves that travel through the spine.
View Cervical Spinal Stenosis Procedure Video
Herniated lumbar disc is a surgical procedure to remove a herniated or degenerative disc in the lower spine. The incision is made posterior, through the back muscles, to remove the disc pressing on the nerve.
View Herniated Lumbar Disc Procedure Video
Lumbar, or spinal, fusion is a surgical procedure to permanently connect two or more vertebrae in your spine, eliminating motion between them. Lumbar fusion involves techniques designed to mimic the normal healing process of broken bones.
View Lumbar Fusion Procedure Video
About “Dr. Brian Hoeflinger”
Dr. Brian Hoeflinger, MD is a Neurosurgeon in Toledo, Ohio. He is affiliated with McLaren St. Luke’s and has been in practice for more than 20 years. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Hoeflinger to book an appointment.
- Neurosurgery Board Certification American Board of Neurological Surgery
- Undergraduate University of Toledo, Toledo, OH
- Medical School Medical College of Ohio, Toledo, OH
- Neurosurgery Residency University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY
- Internship University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, NY
- Research Fellowship Howard Hughes Medical Institute
- American Association of Neurological Surgeons
- American Medical Association
- North American Spine Society Congress of Neurological Surgeons
- Ohio State Medical Association
- Academy of Medicine, Toledo and Lucas County
- Alpha Omega Alpha